Carroll Christian Schools began in 1973 as Carroll Christian Academy. The new school was started as a ministry of the Church of the Open Door for the purpose of providing a Christian alternative to the community’s educational options. The Academy opened its doors with thirty-four students in grades kindergarten through fourth. The school grew steadily, adding one grade per year until it graduated its first senior class in 1982. Shortly thereafter, a preschool program was started and the school officially became known as Carroll Christian Schools. Through the years the school has added not only grades to its program but also curricular and extra-curricular enhancements. These include a fully developed fine arts program as well as multiple opportunities in athletics and a strong academic track for high school students. As the church and school ministries grew, so grew the need for additional facilities. The school began in the church’s original 70′ x 100′ building now known as the Baker Building. The ministries grew rapidly, so the Boese Wing was added in two phases, in 1974 and in 1976. In 1980 the two small buildings sometimes referred to as the “temporaries” or “portables” were constructed. The 1980s saw explosive growth in the church, which led to the construction of the 1500-seat auditorium in 1985. A long-time dream for the school was fulfilled in 1994 when the gymnasium/high school building was finished. This building contains a full-size high school gym, locker rooms, a fully equipped commercial kitchen, modern science lab, and a state-of-the-art computer lab. A two-classroom modular building was installed next to the gymnasium in the summer of 1998. The completion of an addition to the high school building in the 2001-2002 school term has provided a cafeteria/multi-purpose room, a large library, a computer lab, and five additional classrooms.